March 3 – 9, 2019
American Farm Bureau Federation’s 2019 Ag Safety Awareness Program (ASAP) Week was created to bring awareness to safety and health issues facing the agriculture industry.
The U.S. Agricultural Safety and Health Centers are joining American Farm Bureau Federation in keeping friends and family safe and healthy this year by recognizing common agricultural hazards with the theme “Safety: Know Your Limits.”
Monday, March 4
Theme: Emergency Preparedness
Tuesday, March 5
Theme: Livestock Safety
Wednesday, March 6
Theme: Heat Stress and Hydration
Thursday, March 7
Theme: Roadway Safety
Friday, March 8
Theme: Hearing Safety
Ways to Get Involved
- Update your website and Facebook cover photo with the Ag Safety Awareness Program Week graphic.
- During Ag Safety Awareness Program Week, post the social media messages found in the promotional toolkit, or create your own posts using the hashtags #ASAP19, #KeepFarmsSafe, #SafetyKnowYourLimits and #USAgCenters.
- Get involved in the conversation. Follow, retweet and share Ag Safety Awareness Program Week messages through Twitter and Facebook and tag American Farm Bureau.
- Contact media outlets to have PSAs run on the local radio.
- Answer the phone with “Agricultural Safety Awareness Week.”
- Write a letter to the editor or contact a local legislator to talk about the importance of agricultural health and safety.
- Post a video to your social media about what you are doing to stay safe and healthy on your farm.
- Use the ASAP Week logo in the signature of your email.
Posted by: American Farm Bureau Federation, March 3, 2019