FB NEWS – The following may be attributed to American Farm Bureau Federation President Zippy Duvall:
“The Agriculture Improvement Act—H.R. 2—is now law. Enactment means risk management tools, foreign market development and environmental stewardship programs continue to be available, and on terms that reflect a much tougher farm economy than the one we faced when the last farm bill became law.
“The farm bill helps to ensure the food security and economic security of our nation. Directly or indirectly, it benefits everyone in towns large and small. This farm bill:
- Brings another five years of certainty to farm and ranch families;
- Upholds fiscal responsibility by being budget neutral;
- Improves risk management programs;
- Protects crop insurance;
- Funds much-needed trade development;
- Invests in the future with funding for ag research and beginning farmer programs; and
- Continues nutrition assistance (three-quarters of total farm bill funding) for lower-income Americans.
“We are grateful to President Trump for his support. We also thank Chairmen Roberts and Conaway and Ranking Members Stabenow and Peterson for producing legislation that passed with strong, bi-partisan support. We look forward to working with Agriculture Secretary Perdue as he and his team at USDA implement this law and put new program provisions in place quickly.”
Posted by: FB News, December 20, 2018