JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
Washington Farm Bureau, the state’s largest non-profit agricultural membership organization, seeks an Executive Assistant to join our dynamic management team. This position reports directly to the CEO and is located in Lacey, Wash. The successful candidate will have exemplary organizational, interpersonal, and team-oriented leadership skills.
The Executive Assistant provides high-level support for executive management of the Washington Farm Bureau (WFB) including document preparation, operational support, heavy calendar management and successful coordination of business meetings. They serve as liaison between the CEO and other departments within the organization to support the daily operational needs of WFB. They exercise independent judgment in the resolution of administrative problems and must ensure confidential information is handled with the utmost care. They prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with little or no supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing the organizational and executive calendars, requiring interaction with internal and external executives and assistants to schedule a variety of business meetings
- Handling incoming and outgoing phone and electronic communications on behalf of executive management, and routing incoming calls to appropriate party quickly and efficiently
- Making travel arrangements and reservations for executive management, WFB officers and board members as needed
- Independently creating well-organized, grammatically correct memos and reports for distribution to internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting with special event planning
- Using various software applications such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate, and format data and reports
- Maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Assisting with processing employee payroll, maintaining personnel files, tracking benefits, and ensuring timely reporting of company vehicle mileage
- Supporting the board of directors by preparing materials for meetings, procedures manuals, and meeting notices
- Attending board of director meetings and serving as the recording secretary
- Assisting the business manager with organizational and operational legal document filings and communications
- Exercising administrative judgment; assuming responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results impacting staff, costs, and/or quality of service within the organization
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Five years or more of experience as an administrative assistant. The preferred candidate will have experience working as an executive administrative assistant in a CEO/President level setting, although not required
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently with little or no supervision
- Must be able to type at least 35-40 words per minute
- Strong commitment to timeliness and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and proficiency in business vocabulary to effectively represent the executive and the WFB to internal and external parties
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Meeting planning experience required; event planning experience preferred
- Ability to occasionally travel to multiple day meetings
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary DOQE
- Generous healthcare package
- Employer paid pension plan
- 401k retirement program
- Group life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance plans
- Paid vacation and sick leave
Location and Schedule
Position is located in Lacey, Wash. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For questions or further information about this job announcement please contact Rick Gastelum at email@example.com or (360) 705-0394. Interested candidates must send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are seeking to fill this position by Jan. 15, 2017.