November 30th, 2014
Hello county leadership!
While at WSFB Annual meeting in Yakima I had the pleasure of personally contacting each county president (or another board member) and giving them a packet of information that summarized our year in review and our accomplishments for both YFR and WAIC. I’ve also attached them for your review. THANK YOU to all who supported in the 2013/14 fiscal year! I encourage all counties that are financially able to support these two fantastic programs!
Young Farmers & Ranchers (YF & R):
- Created WSU powerpoint, updated our YFR 2015 powerpoint for presentations
- Updated our YFR display for 2014.15 for trade shows
- Corresponded with April Mackie from AFBF YFR for her Annual meeting visit
- Various correspondence with Exec and state committee with regards to Annual meeting
- Produced another e-newsletter, obtained YFR apparel for this year, gifts for retiring committee members
- Trip to Pullman with Sydney – met with officers, attended and presented at their meeting
- Prepared packet of info (year in review) for county presidents to support our program, prepared board report (attached)
- ANNUAL MEETING – trade show, raffle, breakout sessions, competitive events, banquet, meetings, presentations
- Attended King/Pierce meeting in Sumner to give a YFR presentation
- Completed raffle paperwork for 2014 raffle, THANK YOU to all who supported! We were able to raise $3800 for the YFR program!
- Continue to update and build YF & R database
- Continue to promote and update YF & R Facebook page as an avenue for information and recruitment. Post pictures, current issues/topics and monitor on a regular basis. (Currently 599 friends)
Washington Ag in the Classroom:
- Developed a 1 page summary of our accomplishments (see attached)
- Updated and revamped our 2014.15 display as well updated our powerpoint presentation (if you’d like a copy just let me know!)
- Attended the Cattlewomen’s convention, presented as well as had a booth at the trade show
- Attended the WSFB in Yakima where we had a trade show booth and an awesome looking display!
- Attended the King/Pierce Farm Bureau meeting and gave a presentation on WAIC.
Please feel free to call, or email anytime! THANK YOU!
YF & R coordinator and WA Ag in the Classroom Public Relations director